The Techbridge Makerspace is attempting to create a new makerspace in the city of Lethbridge, Alberta. They’re raising money to create the space and have already raised $4080! There’s just TEN DAYS LEFT to fund them.
The perks they offer are:
- a 3d printed bust when you donate $200 + shipping
- a handmade laser cut letter when you donate $10
- a handcrafted leather key fob when you donate $20
- $50 gets you an engraved multitool
- $1000 means you’ve basically bought equipment for the space and can name it anything you want, the example is a 3d printer named Printy McPrintface
They want to buy some of this equipment so that people can come in and learn how to create new things and build their own projects and products and prototypes:
- CNC mill
- Machina X20 3D printer
- 3D scanner
- heavy duty sewing machine
- laser cutter
- vinyl cutter
Hackerspaces and makerspaces should be helping each other more often, this is why I’m posting about this new makerspace here.
Crowdfunding isn’t just for funding new hardware, it’s for funding new spaces where people can learn how to build using that new hardware. It would be amazing to see people all over the world learn how to use 3d scanners and printers.